Important Do's and Don'ts
DO: Please ensure that your eyelid is free from oil before applying your magnetic eyeliner, this will drastically improve the eyeliner's hold - For oily lids, please cleanse the eye area and ensure it is completely dry.
DO: For best results, apply a non-oil based eye primer. Alternatively, you can dust with powder or use eye shadow as a base.
DON'T: Use the cleansing balm or oil included in your starter kit to clean your magnetic lashes as this will cause them to fall apart. The cleansing balm/oil is strictly for removing eyeliner from your eyelid.
DON'T: Use an oil based mascara with the false eyelashes.
Please remove the eyeliner and eyelashes fully before going for an MRI scan.
Step 1 - Preparation
- Make sure your eyelids are clean and free from any oil. You can apply an oil-free primer base or use your eye-shadow before applying the eyeliner.
- If needed, trim your Magnetic Lashes from the outer ends to fit your natural eye shape.
- Roll each lash around your finger for 1 minute. This will help them take shape and will prevent the ends lifting.
- If you wish to wear mascara, please apply it before applying your false lashes! This will help you get the most out of them.
Step 2 - Liner Application
- Shake your Magnetic Eyeliner well before use.
- Wipe excess eyeliner from the applicator. Then apply a layer of magnetic eyeliner to your lash line and allow it to dry completely. Make sure to apply an even coat across the entire area where the lashes will sit. If you have hooded eyes it is best to close your eyes during the drying process.
- Dry test: Pat your finger on your eye line to see if any eyeliner comes off. If any eyeliner comes off, it isn’t dry enough!
Step 3 - Lash Application
- Apply the lashes by starting with the inner corners then lightly pressing along the lash line securing the magnets in place. Adjust as necessary. Pinch and press down near the roots of the lashes to set them.
- Do not use an oil based mascara on your false eyelashes. We also recommend not using a waterproof or heavy mascara as this will seriously affect the longevity of the lashes.
Step 4 - Removal with Cleansing Balm
- Gently lift your magnetic lashes away from the liner line from the outer corner of the lash band. Try not to pull on the lashes themselves so as not to spoil or damage the lashes.
- Take a small pea size amount of the new cleansing balm and warm the balm between your fingers. As you warm the balm it should change in consistency and become less thick and more liquid
- Take the balm and gently massage into the liner line on your eye. You wont need to rub too hard into the line for it to start to melt away
- Once you have massaged in the cleansing balm, the liner should start to come away easily and you can then wipe to remove the remaining balm and liner with little to no residue. You can now repeat on the other eye or apply again to small areas with a Q-Tip/Cotton swap to more stubborn liner areas if needed.
If you are using our cleansing oil, please apply directly to a cotton pad, hold onto liner line for 5-10 seconds and then wipe away. By holding the cotton pad to your eye first it helps break down the liner and allows for an easier removal.
Step 5 - Cleaning your Lashes
- After each use clean the magnets on your false lashes with warm water and a cotton bud.
- Start by gently peeling any excess eyeliner off of the magnets.
- Take a cotton bud soaked in warm water and gently clean the magnets.
- Repeat these steps until the magnets are clear of any excess eyeliner.
- Place lashes back into the tray to maintain lash shape.
- Warning: Do not use the Magnetic Eyeliner Cleansing Oil or Balm to clean your false lashes as it may disturb the magnets
Other Helpful Guides